Create a PAT for GitHub 2FA Account
This process requires an existing 2FA-enabled GitHub account.
While instructions from GitHub works just fine, here are some specific instructions
to get you up and running:
- Login to your GitHub account then go to your Profile Settings.
- Under Developer settings click Personal access tokens.
- Generate a new personal access token (PAT).
- Give the token a description. (For example, "Git for Jira Server" or "Git for Jira Cloud")
- Select the "repo" and selecting all three scopes under it.
- Copy the token – (this is the ONLY time you'll see the token)