Connecting to a GitHub Account with Enabled MFA
This process requires an existing MFA-enabled GitHub account.
While instructions from GitHub works just fine, here are some specific instructions
to get you up and running:
- Login to your GitHub account then go to your Profile Settings.
- Under Developer settings click Personal access tokens.
- Generate a new personal token.
- Give the token a description. (For example, "Git for Jira Cloud")
- Select the "repo" and selecting all three scopes under it.
- Copy the token – (this is the ONLY time you'll see the token)
- Go to Manage Git Repositories (Dashboard > Git menu) in Jira Cloud.
- Enter the URL to your GitHub repository.
- Add your username and token you copied from step 7.
There will be a slight delay in adding this repository compared to others. It
will show in the git configuration list eventually.