Q:How can I configure Git Version Control Viewer to use ECDSA instead of RSA for known hosts checking?
Send an e-mail to email@example.com. We have a new release 1.1 that will be out any time now that should address this issue.
Q:Hey! After upgrading JIRA from 4.1.1 to 5.2.9 I get some errors "Folder ... FORNEOnlineSolver git doesn't exist". Where can I set the path correctly? Is there any properties file? Also to mention I upgraded git-plugin from 0.6 to 1.0.4.
Please visit plugin config and check Git repositories tab. Also upgrade of Jira may lead to changing of user account used to run service, which in turn may result in lack of permissions.
Q:I can successfully do git pull origin master in console with jira user, private key has no pass phrase set, however in web when I configure git repository I get Auth fail error in jira log files when jira tries to pull repository, what might be the issue?
User can change protocol/url used to access git repo (ssh readonly/ssh/http). Actual url depends on type of git hosting. Even read only access is enough to run plugin.
Q:Installed the plugin, Git repos setup locally on the JIRA server. We were able to get the repositories added within the JIRA plugin GUI. However, we get an 'Auth fail' error in the log when pulling of the repository is attempted (assuming the remote repo). The .ssh key is located in the $HOME directory of the user the service is running as. The only thing is the key requires a 'passphrase' and I don't see that available to enter anywhere. Does the plugin not support keys with passphrase?
Correct, passphrases are not supported.
Q:I'm trying to get the connector to do pulls on its own. In one question you mention that jira runs as the Jira user as of version 5. We are still on version 4.3.4. Is the user the same as is listed on the jira system info page?
Jira 4.3.4 requires you to manually create a user
We’re not able to guess which user was created but you can check which user is the owner of your JIRA logs or use some other unix tool to detect the user.
That said - the plugin in the Marketplace only supports JIRA 5.0. We’ll need to send you a different version that works with 4.3.4.
Can you write us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org?
How to install plugin on development license of JIRA
Atlassian has posted the following relevant information regarding Atlassian Marketplace addons and development licenses of JIRA:
Go to the section titled “Can customers use developer licenses for my add-on?” which has instructions on how to get a developer license for add-ons.
In summary: a developer license can be generated (free of charge) once the plugin has been purchased and can only be installed on a development licensed version of JIRA.
New! Installation Guide is now available
The new Installation Guide for the Git Version Control Viewer plugin for Atlassian JIRA is now available.
- Plugin requirements
- How to Link Git Commits to JIRA Issues
- Configuring Plugin
- Issue TabPanel
- Upgrading old versions of plugin
Download the Git Version Control Viewer: Installation Guide
The root repository doesn’t change when re-index the plugin, why is needed it?
- Updates local repo from remote
- Updates local indexes which contain info about every commit
HOWTO: How to set debug level of logging for the plugin
1. Add: “log4j.logger.com.xiplink.jira.git = DEBUG, console, file” to log4j.properties (this file is somewhere under your Jira installation)
2. Restart Jira
To report errors:
3. Collect errors and send log file to email@example.com
4. Also please add your Jira version, Git plugin version and OS used to run Jira
Commits are not showing right away. Can they show up faster?
- Commits won’t appear immediately (since synchronization is implemented as background job (GitRevisionIndexerJob)
- User can reduce job delay down to 1 min to schedule updates more often
- Another option (a user’s suggestion): write git hook which will call reindex action every time when new commit is pushed. This solution can be used in git envirounments which allow installing of hooks. It wouldn’t be a part of plugin just useful tool that runs on git remote server. If you write such a hook, share it with us and we’ll link to it.